Wednesday, August 4, 2010

James Dean =)

Oh James Dean; I love that guy. I became addicted to his 3 movies this year, and addicted to his gorgeous face! =) I love drawing pictures from around the 50's, and wanted a change from female portraiture, so I actually had a few pictures of Elvis, Jimmy Stewart, Rudolph Valentino, and Gregory Peck lined up. But James Dean was the obvious choice. He's really fun to draw because he was in his early 20's at this time, but had such a unique facial structure that almost made him look older, but timeless as well. SO here it is! Done in colored pencil. I made his features a little too strong, and I accidentally made his hair more of a light auburn than dirty blonde. But overall, I am proud of it.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! You can't go wrong with Jimmy Dean, the original bad boy. Love him and love the drawing!

    ReplyDelete