Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Marilyn Monroe

Morgan gave me a bunch of pictures that she wanted me to draw for her new apartment, and I started this one at 10:30 two nights ago...and finished at 2:40 in the morning =) It's my new favorite drawing so far. To make it look more like an actual painting, I drew half of the picture with oil pastels, and the other half with colored pencils. I blended the pencils with the pastel in the hair as well. 
Here's the original picture:
I picture-documented this drawing alot, just for fun.


I began with very pastel-type colors, very light and easy to shade on. I used a mauve colored pencil for the outlining of everything in this picture, then I blended pink into the cheeks, eyes, and shading of the nose.

 
I then filled in all the details in the face and for the background i used all oil pastel, i blended magenta with sepia brown and threw some burnt orange pastel in there as well.
Here it is zoomed in.
AND the finished project!

1 comment: