Friday, August 6, 2010

Watercolor

For those who don't know, watercolor drawings are done with special watercolor pencils. They must be used on Watercolor paper, or when you blend with water after you are done, your picture will be ruined because the paper will have gotten ruined.
This is my first attempt at watercolor. I wanted to focus on the hair, mostly... the rest didn't turn out so hot. I ended up titling this one "Psycho", cuz...it fit. =) I have no detail whatsoever in the face and messed up alot on her nose and her left side. But I liked the way the hair turned out!

This was my second attempt. This was a picture I had randomly half-drawn a year or so back, so I just decided that since a piece of paper had already been used up, might as well try to make it look better. Again, another somewhat-failed attempt...And no, this is not me. Though I despise my 2nd attempt at detail in this one, I love the colours. I made the background a purplish-blue to complement the yellow in her shirt (yellow and purple are complementary colors), and I made the hair red and eyes blue to take the complete focus off of the yellow. Since red and green are complementary colors, I also threw some green in the eyes, and in the lines of her face. It's very subtle and hard to see in a picture, though.





















The girl in Detail. (closer up)






















Here is my third attempt. I've given up on portraits in Watercolour for the time being. Till I learn more about watercolour, I think it's good to stop stressing myself out! Here I tried a simple Still-Life of a Bamboo plant. It isn't the best, but I felt some improvement!


And here is the last Watercolor I've done. I finished this one about a month ago. I must say, I love it! Apples are really fun to draw because of the colors. I had talked to my art teacher about watercolour and finally applied it to this drawing. She told me to draw basics, blend with water, draw some more, blend some more...and to keep going till it's satisfactory. So that's what I did for this one.
Here's the red apple on the left in closer detail-

So that's all of my watercolor collection so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment